Tuesday, July 1, 2014

How I Licked Autumn's Arm, and a recipe for Italian Eggplant




You read that right. I licked Autumn Calabrese, the trainer for 21 Day Fix's, arm. Her right arm.

Here's how it went down:

I was drinking an icy, frothy, shake, and a bit of it flew off my straw and landed on this:




(Yes, that's Monsters University underneath it. I have an obsessed four-year-old.) So without thinking, I picked up the DVD case and licked it off. Then I giggled because I had inadvertently licked Autumn's arm. 

Sorry, Autumn.


Here's what I ate for lunch. I know I said it was a recipe, but it's so easy that it feels like cheating to say it is. Take half an eggplant, saute in a pan with a little nonstick spray and water until soft. (I preprepped this.) I topped it with low-sugar organic spaghetti sauce from Aldi, and three Gardein vegan "meatballs." (Processed, yes, but this is a lifestyle for me, so I'm going to have tasty things now and then.) I dusted with about 1/2 tsp of  a Parmesan/Romano blend. It was SO satisfying! Make it vegan by omitting the dusting of cheese. We like to use toasted, salted sunflower seeds on spaghetti, and it would be good here too. You can even grind them up and use as a vegan Parmesan replacement.

(If you're counting for 21 Day Fix I counted it as 1 green, 1/2 purple, and 1 red. The Parmesan/Romano was so little that I didn't count it, but you could add it to your blue for the day if you wanted.)

No comments:

Post a Comment