Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Recipe: Fruit Soft-Serve

Sometimes you just want something sweet, ice cold, and creamy. Well, this is super easy. It comes out really smooth if you use a Vitamix.

For enough to halfway fill a quart Mason jar (my favorite size glass for shakes of any kind!), all you need is the following: 

2 cups frozen fruit. (I used 1 cup strawberries and 1 cup mango chunks.)
1/4 cup coconut milk (The kind in a can that has all the creamy stuff in it. This actually came out with a bit of an oily feel to me since I haven't been using oil. I've gotten less used to that mouth-feel. So next time I'd probably only use 2 tablespoons.)
Water to blend. I only go about halfway up the fruit, less if not using ice. 
Ice if you want it more icy and like a shake.

Then blend it all up! If you want it sweeter, use a little stevia, or a touch of raw honey or some agave. Or whatever floats your battleship. Your battleship in your war on unhealthy food! Bahahaha! Okay, forgive me. I'm listening to my four-year-old screaming in his bed about going to bed, and it's 10:40 pm. 

21 Day Fix counts: 2 Purple, 1 Blue




I know what you're thinking. Yes, it was tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment