Monday, July 28, 2014

Nearly Two Weeks Into PiYo--21 Day Fix Round Two Week Three

Quick update, as it's my eldest son's birthday and a full day!

I discovered that my wrists are a lot better doing PiYo on a carpet, even with a mat. I haven't noticed much weight loss, though I finally hit 189 two days in a row! That is very exciting!

I learned a new term this week: NSV. That means Non-Scale Victories. I have had a few of those last week.

1) A dress I bought last year that was always too tight fits me well enough to wear now. I would post a picture, but I forgot to take one. :)

2) Another dress that fit me very well at five pounds fewer than I am now is almost too big in my upper body. PiYo and the 21 Day Fix workouts changed my dimensions a lot in just five weeks. The funny thing is that I'm only seven pounds down, almost nothing inch-wise depending on how I measure, but the proof is in how my clothes fit. I am gaining muscle and losing fat from different places than usual.

3) My husband remarked on how nice my skin feels. All these extra veggies and almost no sugar or white flour products are making a large difference in my skin.

4) I'm seeing hints of collarbone now. James noticed too.


Funny story: A few days ago I was getting a little frustrated because the scale isn't budging much. I know that my body builds muscle quickly, takes change slowly, etc, but it is frustrating that at 190 pounds my body is acting like someone's usually does about 10 pounds from their goal weight--trading muscle for fat and staying the same weight.

Around that time, my husband looked at me and said, "I think you're at the point when the people on the Biggest Loser start not losing as much weight each week, but they begin looking really good." He knows me so well. That might not sound like a huge compliment to most, but it was the exact thing I needed to hear. He told me I look overall a lot more toned and tighter. That comment pushed me to get two workouts done in one day since I'd had to take a day off for sore wrists. :) It also helped me get through that slump.

One more week of Fix eating, then I haven't decided whether I'll take pics then to update or wait a week to do a one month of PiYo since it's a two month program. I was supposed to do two workouts on Saturday to catch up, but I only got one in. So my two month program might extend to a couple of days, since I'm not sure I can quite catch up.

Today is a cheat day, and I really tried to stay at my calorie level. I did pretty well until it came to chocolate birthday cake, and overdid that. But it's something I rarely do now, and one night of cake isn't going to undo all my hard work. We went to the aquatic park as a family tonight, and I'm headed downstairs to do PiYo Buns before I go to bed.

The thing that I keep reminding myself that this is a lifestyle. I will eat things at times or have cheat meals or even days. But I approach them differently now, really evaluating if I want to eat what is there or just planning to because it's accepted. I'm glad to see that my thinking is changing some, though I admit to feeling some panic at the fact I'm sure I went over calories today. But dealing with that process will help me, too. I'm just so excited to get to uncharted territory, meaning fitness levels I haven't seen in myself for over 15 years. I will get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment